This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Alabama Mud Cake
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 can apple pie filling (or cherry)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Pour pineapple with juice into prepared pan, spreading evenly to make the
- Spread apple filling over the pineapple layer, then spread the dry cake
mix over the apple filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix layer with pecans and chocolate chips then distribute
the sliced butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the
cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.