- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Grease and flour an 11 x 17-inch pan or two 9 x 13-inch pans.
- Bake cake as directed on package. Check for doneness after 18 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, soften cream cheese. Add 1 cup milk slowly. Beat in pudding slowly. Spread pudding mixture over cooled cake.
- Spread drained pineapple over pudding.
- Spread with whipped topping over pineapple.
- Sprinkle with nuts and/or coconut and maraschino cherries for color.
- Keep refrigerated.