This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Always Moist Pound Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box Duncan Hines all butter cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cake mix, oil, sour cream and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spray (or grease) Bundt pan and sugar coat the inside of pan (this creates
the crisp crust found on the old fashioned pound cakes).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until
cake test is done.