- 1 1/2 cups chopped almonds, toasted and divided
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix, without pudding
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch stem or Bundt pan;
sprinkle 1 cup almonds over the bottom and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, amaretto
and almond extract. Beat on low speed with electric mixer about 30 seconds until
dry ingredients are moistened.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely and place on cake plate.
- For glaze, in small saucepan, combine sugar, water and butter and bring
to boil. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes.
- Stir in amaretto and almond extract.
- Punch holes in cake from top to bottom with wooden pick.
- Slowly spoon glaze over top until entirely absorbed.
Makes 16 servings.
Other Cake Mix Cake recipes you may like...
Pineapple Mojito Cake
Fudge Ribbon Cake
Strawberry Amaretto Cake
Pecan Pie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes