Amaretto Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 2/3 cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 round 9-inch pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, 1/4 cup amaretto and
oil. Beat for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into 2 round 9-inch pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into
the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- When cool, slice each layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Make apricot filling by combining drained apricots and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
amaretto in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place bottom layer of cake on serving dish.
- Spread 1/3 of apricot filling on cake layer, then repeat with other layers.
- Frost with Amaretto Cheese Frosting.
- To make Amaretto Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and
3 tablespoons amaretto until soft.
- Add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.