Amaretto Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 2/3 cup amaretto liqueur
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 round 9-inch pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, 1/4 cup amaretto and
oil. Beat for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour into 2 round 9-inch pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into
the cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- When cool, slice each layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers.
- Make apricot filling by combining drained apricots and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
amaretto in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place bottom layer of cake on serving dish.
- Spread 1/3 of apricot filling on cake layer, then repeat with other layers.
- Frost with Amaretto Cheese Frosting.
- To make Amaretto Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and
3 tablespoons amaretto until soft.
- Add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
Other Cake Mix Cake recipes you may like...
Pineapple Mojito Cake
Fudge Ribbon Cake
Strawberry Amaretto Cake
Pecan Pie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes