Apple Pie Coffee Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup regular or fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole or fat free milk
- Cake: Set aside 1 tablespoon cake mix.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups pie filling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, water, oil, extract and remaining
cake mix and pie filling. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the batter into a 10-inch fluted tube pan coated with nonstick
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter.
Spoon reserved pie filling over batter to within 3/4 inch of edges; top with
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, combine ingredients. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Yield: 16 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.