This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Sour Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (with pudding)
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large green apples, peeled and sliced
- Combine cake mix and softened margarine. Mix until pea-size consistency
(like pie crust); add coconut and mix well.
- Pat mixture into bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- While cake is still warm, cut in half, then in quarters and lift with spatula
to loosen bottom from the pan (but do not remove from pan).
- Stand apple slices, large side up, close together on cake.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples.
- In another bowl, mix remaining sugar, egg and sour cream. Drizzle over apples
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.