This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Apple Spice Custard Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 2 medium size all-purpose apples, pared, cored and finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup ReaLemon lemon juice from concentrate
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix as package directs; stir in apples. Pour into prepared
- Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream
and ReaLemon juice.
- Remove cake from oven; spread cream mixture over top.
- Return to oven; bake 10 minutes longer or until set.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Let cool.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.