Applesauce Cake with Butter-Rum Glaze
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavor
- 3 - 4 teaspoons milk or half-and-half
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch square pan.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter over medium heat. Cook for
2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until butter begins to brown. Immediately
remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in applesauce mixture.
- Pour into pan. Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook
for 2 - 3 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Immediately remove from heat. Stir in remaining glaze ingredients until
smooth and spreadable. Pour over warm cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Source: Betty Crocker Fall Baking booklet
Other Cake Mix Cake recipes you may like...
Pineapple Mojito Cake
Fudge Ribbon Cake
Strawberry Amaretto Cake
Pecan Pie Filled Chocolate Cupcakes