Apricot Nectar Cream Cheese Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box butter cake mix
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Cake: Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour free cake mix into bowl. Mix in butter with a fork. Pour in apricot
- Add one egg at a time and mix.
- Add lemon extract and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the batter. Beat an additional 1/2 to 1
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown.
- Glaze as soon as cake is removed from oven.
- Glaze: Combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar. Spoon over hot
Variation: You can spread all of the Cream Cheese Mixture on top of the cake
batter in the Bundt pan, and you will end up with a layer of cream cheese at the
bottom of the cake.
The recipe can also be used to make muffins, which should be baked in muffin
tins lined with paper holders at 350 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.