Banana Chocolate Turtle Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box super moist Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch
baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, water 1/2 cup oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed 1 minute,
scraping bowl as needed.
- Pour half the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Heat caramels and evaporated milk in saucepan over medium heat, stir frequently,
until melted and smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle warm cake evenly with bananas. Pour caramel mixture over bananas.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Melt over low heat, 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons oil in small
saucepan. Stir constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
Source: International Banana Association