Banana Rum Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup light rum
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 mashed very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) cake pans.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend well.
- Pour into pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Frosting: Combine butter and confectioners' sugar and blend well.
- Stir in vanilla extract and rum. Beat well and spread on cake.