Bananas Foster Fudge Cake
A decadent and rich chocolate cake, Bananas Foster Fudge Cake combines the best
of two favorite American desserts - Bananas Foster and Chocolate Cake! Attractive
and tasty, this dessert is sure to please your family and friends who gather for
the holidays or a birthday celebration.
Beth Royals of Richmond, Virginia created this spectacular dessert as a way to
combine her family's favorites into one delicious dessert!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups (about 2 large) finely chopped, firm ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared cream cheese frosting
- 1 (2 ounce) bar NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Premier White Baking Bars, made into curls*
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat three 9-inch-round cake pans with nonstick
- Bananas Foster: Combine brown sugar and butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave uncovered, on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute.
- Add chopped bananas, rum extract and cinnamon; stir. Microwave an additional
4 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool completely.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil and water
in large mixer bowl. Beat on medium speed until well blended (batter will be thick).
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of batter into each prepared cake pan. Sprinkle each with
a heaping tablespoon of mini morsels.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Chocolate Frosting: Heat cream in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl on HIGH
(100%) power for 1 1/2 minutes or just until boiling.
- Add morsels; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cover; cool for 30 minutes.
- To Assemble: Place one cake layer on serving platter. Spread half the cream cheese
frosting on cake. Spread half the banana mixture to 1/2-inch of edges. Top with
second cake layer. Spread with remaining cream cheese frosting followed by remaining
banana mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread Chocolate Frosting over top
and side of cake. Sprinkle with Premier White curls around top edge of cake. Refrigerate
until chocolate is set.
- Refrigerate leftover cake for up to 24 hours.
- If using two cake pans, pour about 1 1/2 cups batter into each prepared cake
- Refrigerate remaining batter. Bake as stated above. Bake remaining batter in
* To make Premier White curls, carefully draw a vegetable peeler across a bar of
NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Premier White Baking Bar. Vary the width of your curls by using
different sides of the bar.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and Meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes