Beautiful Butterfly Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 12 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) tubCOOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- food coloring
- 1 cup POST Fruity PEBBLES Cereal
- Decorations: assorted ring-shaped hard candies and Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare cake batter and bake in two 9-inch round baking pans as directed
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Cut cakes crosswise in half. Spread two of the cake halves with jam; top
with remaining two cake halves to form two stacks.
- To assemble, arrange cookies in center of large board or tray with edges
slightly overlapping to form the "butterfly's body," securing cookies to each
other with small amount of the whipped topping. Arrange cake stacks around body
to resemble the butterfly's wings.
- Tint remaining whipped topping with food coloring as desired. Spread onto
- Decorate with whipped topping, cereal, candies and cookies.
- Store in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 15 min | Yield: 16 servings, one piece each
Variation: For a refreshing citrus cake, prepare as directed using lemon cake
mix and substituting orange marmalade for the raspberry jam.
Substitute any flavor cake mix for the yellow cake mix.
Nutritional Information Calories 310 Total fat 14 g Saturated fat 4.5 g Cholesterol
40 mg Sodium 310 mg Carbohydrate 45 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 29 g Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 4 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 6 %DV Iron 6 %DV
The FLINTSTONES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of ©Hanna-Barbera.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes