Black Forest Tiara Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Cake: Grease tiara pan; no need to flour. Grease 9 cupcake cups or line
them with paper liners.
- Place cake mix in mixing bowl, add eggs, water and oil. Blend on low speed
of electric mixer until moistened. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread 3 cups batter into tiara pan.
- Divide leftover batter to make nine cupcakes.
- Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes and serve separately.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees F for 21 to 24 minutes or until a wooden pick comes
- Cool cake on rack for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan by inverting cake onto cooling rack. Cool completely and
place on a serving platter.
- Mousse: In medium bowl, fold almond extract into whipped topping. Spread
evenly into well of cooled cake. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Topping: Spoon cherry pie filling on top of mousse, leaving an edge of mousse
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.