Black Velvet Cake
- 2 cups almonds, slivered, slightly toasted
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds on bottom of greased 10-inch tube pan. Set aside
remaining almonds and all the chocolate chips.
- Place remaining ingredients in mixer bowl. Beat for 4 minutes.
- Fold in almonds and chocolate chips, then pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, and remove from pan.
- Serve with topping of whipped cream if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes