Black and White Pistachio Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box marble cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small boxes instant pistachio pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix
- Additional maraschino cherries and pistachio nuts (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl. Mix
according to package directions.
- Spread half of batter in one pan.
- Stir contents of chocolate packet into remaining batter.
- Spread chocolate batter in second pan.
- Bake and cool according to package directions.
- Filling: Prepare pudding mix using 3 cups milk.
- Stir in cherries and pistachios. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Frosting: Combine milk, pudding mix and whipped topping mix in large bowl.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Beat at high speed 2 to
3 minutes or until stiff, scraping sides of bowl often.
- To assemble cake, split each cake layer in half. Alternate chocolate cake
layer with white cake layer, spreading filling between each layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with frosting.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries and pistachios, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes