Boston Creme Pie
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 small box regular vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Mist an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cake: Bake the cake in prepared pan according to directions on box, adding an
additional egg and lemon extract to batter.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool
- Filling: Prepare pudding according to directions on box, using 1 1/2 cups milk and
adding vanilla extract.
- When pudding is ready and still hot, cover with plastic wrap to prevent
skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Split cake into two layers, cover one layer with pudding and replace the
- Chocolate Glaze: Blend all ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Glaze only the top layer of the cake.
This cake must be kept refrigerated.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes