Boston Creme Pie
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 small box regular vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Mist an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cake: Bake the cake in prepared pan according to directions on box, adding an
additional egg and lemon extract to batter.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool
- Filling: Prepare pudding according to directions on box, using 1 1/2 cups milk and
adding vanilla extract.
- When pudding is ready and still hot, cover with plastic wrap to prevent
skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Split cake into two layers, cover one layer with pudding and replace the
- Chocolate Glaze: Blend all ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Glaze only the top layer of the cake.
This cake must be kept refrigerated.