Brownie Sundae Cake
- 1 (19 to 20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1 cup M&M's baking bits
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream softened
- 1/4 cup caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
- Line 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with aluminum foil, extending slightly over
edges of pans. Lightly spray bottoms with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like
- Heat oven as brownie mix package states.
- Divide brownie batter evenly between pans; sprinkle nuts, if using, over
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from sides of
- Let cool completely.
- Remove layers by lifting foil from pans.
- To assemble cake, place one brownie layer, topping side down in 9 inch springform
- Carefully spread ice cream over brownie layer; drizzle with ice cream topping.
place second brownie layer on top of ice cream layer, topping side up; press
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Remove side of pan; cut into wedges.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/14/2001 10:51 am.