Butter Nut Crunch Torte
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 package devils food cake mix for a 2 layer cake
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream whipped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with spoon mix walnuts, crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide
crumb mixture into four 9-inch round cake pans. With hand pat evenly to cover
bottoms of pans.
- Prepare cake mix as label directs. Pour batter over crumb mixture in pans.
- Place pans on 2 oven racks so that know pan is directly above another.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of each cake
layer comes out clean.
- Cool cake layers for 10 minutes.
- Loosen layers from pans. Cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate crumb side up. Top with 1 fourth of whipped
- Repeat with two more cake layers and whipped cream.
- Place remaining cake layer on top crumb side up.
- Garnish cake top with remaining whipped cream.
- Chill if not serving right away.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 1/11/2002 4:35 pm.