Why exactly 100 morsels? Because, after several tries, that was exactly the right
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (16 ounce) box pound cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 100 butterscotch morsels (yes, count them)
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick
spray and set aside.
- Cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until thick.
- Blend in cake mix and water.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and level the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool. The cake will be relatively flat.
- Icing: While cake is cooling, melt the butterscotch morsels in a microwave oven
on HIGH for 45 seconds. Watch carefully because the morsels will keep their
shape although they will be melted. Stir them with a spoon to make sure they
are melted and smooth. If they need additional microwaving, do it in small increments,
4-5 seconds at a time.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and the melted butterscotch.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until the frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting on top of the cooled cake.
- Cut the cake into 7 lengthwise rows. Then make 2 crosswise cuts. This will
divide the cake into 21 equal pieces, roughly the size of an original Tastykake
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes