Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
- 1 2/3 cups (11 ounce package) butterscotch-flavor chips, divided
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Glaze (recipe follows)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH
(70%) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth;
cool to room temperature.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum, butter and melted morsels
in large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack to cool completely; transfer to serving platter.
- Pour Glaze over cake; sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Glaze: Microwave remaining morsels and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk in small,
microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave
at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes