Cappuccino Bundt Cake
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 tablespoons instant espresso coffee
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Confectioners' sugar
Sweetened Ricotta Cheese
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with olive oil, then sprinkle lightly with flour.
Heat over to 325 degrees F.
- Mix chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, stir espresso powder and cinnamon into cake mix, then add
1/3 cup olive oil, eggs and water. Mix slowly with electric mixer to moisten.
Then beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter over topping in pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes, then invert pan on serving plate and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- At serving time, slice and serve with Sweetened Ricotta Cheese.
- Sweetened Ricotta Cheese: Mix sugar and ricotta cheese together.
- Put into a serving bowl, and dust with cinnamon.
Yield: 10 servings