- 1/3 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, pecans or walnuts
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup double-strength coffee or espresso, cooled (can use decaf)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder, espresso roast (can use decaf)
- Garnish: powdered sugar and ground cinnamon (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 10-inch (12-cup) Bundt or tube pan with
canola cooking spray or canola oil and sprinkle lightly with flour. Sprinkle
chocolate chips and nuts evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and cinnamon.
- Add water, egg, egg substitute and cooled coffee. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until dry
ingredients are moistened.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in instant coffee powder gently to make a swirl effect.
- Pour batter over topping in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Place cake, fluted side up, on serving plate. Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and additional ground cinnamon if desired.
You can make 24 cappuccino cupcakes instead; just use 2 muffins pans in
place of the Bundt pan and bake about 15 to 20 minutes instead of 35 to 45 minutes.
I like this made with semisweet chips and hazelnuts best.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/27/2001 5:07 pm.