Caramel Fudge Cake
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding recipe cake mix
- 28 light caramels
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Prepare cake according to directions.
- Combine caramels, milk and butter in top of double boiler. Stir constantly
until caramels are melted and let cool slightly.
- Spread 1/2 cake mix in pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture in thin stream over batter.
- Cover with remaining cake mix batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare frosting.
- Frosting: Beat first 4 ingredients until creamy, gradually adding confectioners'
- Frost cake.