- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- Mix cake batter according to package directions.
- Bake the cake batter according to the package directions for two 9-inch
round layers; let cool, then remove from the pans.
- Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, chocolate
chips, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon; mix well, then
cover and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine the rum, water and the remaining 2 tablespoons
granulated sugar; mix, then set aside.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter and drizzle with the rum mixture.
Cover with the ricotta cheese mixture and top with the second layer.
- In a medium size bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the heavy
cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with the whipped cream and sprinkle
the top and sides with the toasted almonds.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
* To toast the almonds, place them on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer
and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 1 to 2 minutes, just until golden.
They toast VERY quickly, so watch them carefully to avoid burning.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes