Chenin Blanc Wine Cake
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup Chenin blanc or gewerztraminer, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Grease a flute-shaped tube cake or Bundt pan, and preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put cake mix, eggs and oil in large bowl; mix just to combine the ingredients.
- Heat 3/4 cup Chenin blanc just to boiling point.
- Dissolve lime gelatin in hot wine and cool a few minutes.
- When cooled, add to the cake mixture and beat 3 to 4 minutes on medium-high
- Fill pan and bake for 1 hour.
- While cake is baking, thaw frozen limeade and combine with remaining 1/4
cup Chenin blanc and the sugar.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, poke a few holes in the cake with
a skewer, then spoon limeade mixture on top a little at a time. Continue spooning
periodically until all of it is used.
- Let the cake cool in the pan before removing.
- Serve right side up.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2-1/2 starch, 3 fat