Cherries and Cream Tiara Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Batter: Grease Tiara pan, but do not flour it.
- Blend together cake mix, eggs, butter and water on low, until moistened.
Mix at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Place 2 2/3 cups batter in the pan (you'll have batter left over to
make 8 cupcakes).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 18 to 21 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes, then invert cake onto wire
rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mousse: Fold the butter flavor gently into the whipped topping until the
color is uniform.
- Spread evenly in the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the pie filling over the mousse, leaving an edge of mousse showing.
- Chill for 2 more hours.