Cherry Almond Torte
- 1 box white angel food cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package except add almond extract with the
- Pour into greased tube pan and bake as directed on package.
- Remove from pan. Slice cake horizontally to make 2 layers (to slice, mark
sides of cake with wooden picks and cut with a long serrated knife).
- Place bottom layer of cake on a serving plate. Spoon 2/3 cup of the Marshmallow
Creme, by heaping teaspoonsful, on the bottom layer.
- Spoon 1 cup of the pie filling between spoonsful of Marshmallow Creme.
- Sprinkle with half of the almonds.
- Place other cake layer on top and spoon remaining Marshmallow Creme and
pie filling on top of cake, allowing pie filling to drizzle down sides.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Makes 12 servings.