This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cherry Chocolate Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 envelopes dessert topping mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake as directed on box, baking in two layers.
- In small bowl, combine pudding mix, topping mix and milk. Beat at medium
speed of electric mixer until stiff - about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place one layer of the cake flat side down on a serving platter.
- Using about 1 cup of pudding mixture, make a ring 1/2 inch higher and 1
inch wider on top.
- Reserve about 3/4 cup cherry pie filling.
- Fill center of pudding ring with remaining cherries.
- Place second layer of cake atop the first with the cherry pie filling.
- Spoon reserved cherries in center of top layer.
- Spread remaining pudding mixture up to circle of cherries and over the sides.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings