Cherry Pie Filling Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 to 20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour oil into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Tilt pan to cover bottom.
- Put cake mix, eggs and water into pan. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended,
about 2 minutes.
- Scrape sides of pan and spread batter evenly.
- Spoon pie filling onto batter. Use a fork to fold into batter, just enough
to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Insert wooden pick into center. When it comes out clean, cake is done.
- When cool, sprinkle confectioners' sugar on top, if desired.
- Cover loosely.
Other pie fillings can be substituted, if preferred.