Cherry Pudding Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Prepare cake according to package directions, and bake in a 13 x 9-inch
- Remove from oven; cool in pan.
- Put cream cheese and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl. Beat with an electric
mixer on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes; or until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and remaining 1 1/2 cups milk; mix well. Let stand until
mixture is thick.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cooled cake.
- Top with the cherry pie filling.
- Top the pie filling with Cool Whip, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.