Cherry Sour Cream Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (9 ounce)* package yellow cake mix (Jiffy brand)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 1 (3.5 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly, melted
- Mint sprigs
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg and l cup milk.
- Pour batter into flan pan and bake according to package directions.
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to package directions using 1 cup milk;
remove from heat and stir in sour cream and lemon peel.
- When cake is cool fill with vanilla pudding.
- Top with cherries; brush with melted jelly.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
If flan pan is not available, bake in a 9-inch cake pan.
Completely cool pudding; spread pudding on cake and top with cherries as above.
A purchased 8 or 9-inch sponge shortcake may be used.
* One (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix may be used. Prepare and bake according
to package directions using 2 eggs and 1 cup milk. Use one layer and reserve second
layer for another use.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 447 Cal., 5.2 g pro., 12.7 g fat (25% Cal.
from fat), 81.3 g carb., 42 mg chol., 1.0 g fiber and 538 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes