Cherry Topped Cheesecake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 pound 5 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Measure out 1 cup of dry cake mix; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl stir together remaining dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil
(mixture will be crumbly).
- Press crust mixture evenly into bottom and 3/4 way up the sides of a greased
13 x 9-inch pan.
- In same bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar together.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- At low speed gradually add milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract; mix until
- Pour into crumb crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes, until center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over cheesecake; cover and chill 1 hour before
- Store in refrigerator.
Baked cheesecake can be frozen by covering with foil. May also be baked in two
8-inch cake pans for 45 to 55 minutes or two 9-inch cake or pie pans for 40 to 50
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.