This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 box banana bread mix
- 3 to 4 bananas
- Pecans or walnuts (to taste, if desired)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 small box chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 plastic straw
- Bake the banana bread according to package directions, adding pecans or
walnuts, if you wish. You can also add a dash of cinnamon before baking, if
- While bread is baking, place pudding and half and half in a saucepan; cook
over low heat while stirring, as specified on the package.
- Allow bread and pudding to cool.
- Insert the straw into the bread and form even rows of holes.
- When pudding is ready, pour gradually over cake, allowing the pudding to
fill the holes.
- Spread the remaining pudding over the top of the cake.
- Slice the bananas, and place on top of the pudding.
- Refrigerate to keep fresh.