Chocolate Buttermallow Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Creme
- Cake: Bake cake mix in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan as directed on the box. Let
- Spread Butterscotch Filling over top of cooled cake to within 1/2 inch of
- Sprinkle nuts over filling.
- Frost sides and top of cake with Marshmallow Frosting.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate; dip back of spoon into chocolate to form swirls
- Butterscotch Filling: In a medium saucepan, mix brown sugar and flour. Gradually
stir in cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; blend in butter and vanilla extract. Cool.
- Marshmallow Frosting: In the top of a double boiler, combine egg whites,
sugar, cream of tartar, corn syrup and water. Place over boiling water; beat
until stiff peaks form, scraping pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add Marshmallow Creme. Beat until of spreading consistency.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.