This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Caramel topping and nuts smother a rich chocolate cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup caramel topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for Bundt, dark or nonstick pan). Grease
and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10 x 4-inch angel food (tube cake) pan,
or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter and eggs with electric
mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan to plate. Cool 10 minutes.
- Prick top of warm cake several times with fork; spread caramel topping over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Store covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 120); Total
Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 430mg; Total
Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g); Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Can’t get enough of the good stuff? Pass bowls of caramel topping and extra chopped
nuts for an extra-rich hit!
Be adventurous! Drizzle chocolate topping as well as caramel topping over the
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker© 2008 ®/TM General Mills