Chocolate 'n' Cheese Tunnel Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting butter for
oil. Reserve 1 cup of batter.
- Pour remaining batter into a 12-cup greased and floured fluted tube pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well at medium speed on an electric
mixer until well blended.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time. Pour over batter in the pan.
- Spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- Combine butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over
low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour over cooled cake.
Yields 12 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.