Chocolate 'n' Cheese Tunnel Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting butter for
oil. Reserve 1 cup of batter.
- Pour remaining batter into a 12-cup greased and floured fluted tube pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well at medium speed on an electric
mixer until well blended.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time. Pour over batter in the pan.
- Spoon reserved batter over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes; remove to a wire rack.
- Combine butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over
low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour over cooled cake.
Yields 12 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes