Chocolate Cherry Cheese Torte
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping (garnish)
- Whole maraschino cherries (garnish)
- Lightly grease and flour a 12 x 16-inch sheet pan; set aside.
- Heat oven and prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread into
prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then cut into 4 equal rectangular pieces.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract with an electric mixer until
light and fluffy; stir in chopped cherries and carefully fold in whipped topping.
- Place one cake piece on a large rectangular serving platter and spread with
1/3 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers twice more and top with the last piece of cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped topping and whole maraschino cherries.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 390 calories, 5 g protein, 23 g total fat (10 g sat.),
44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g sugar, 55 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 9.5
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes