Chocolate Chip Cookie Surprise Cake
Please cookie and cake lovers alike with this simple cake that has chewy cookies
- 1 box Betty Crocker Supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup firm butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease bottom only of 15 x 10 x 1-inch
pan; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, milk, melted butter and 3 eggs on low speed
30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Make cookie mix as directed on package using softened butter and 1 egg.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful evenly over batter in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Yield: 15 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375 degrees F. For cake mix, increase
milk to 1 1/4 cups; decrease butter to 2 tablespoons; add 1 tablespoon all-purpose
flour. For cookie mix, add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker © 2009 ®/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes