Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cake
with Custard Sauce
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cake: Combine cake mix, water, sour cream, oil and eggs and beat at low speed
until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly
- Serve cake slightly warm or cool with Custard Sauce.
- Custard Sauce: Combine milk, eggs, sugar and salt. Blend well. Cook over
medium-low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon; stir constantly. Do not boil. Custard sauce needs slow cooking.
It will curdle if boiled. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.