Chocolate Coffee Liqueur Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup coffee liqueur, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter bottom and sides of a 10-inch fluted
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, coffee granules, eggs, oil, 1/2 cup of the
water and 1/2 cup of the coffee liqueur. Using electric mixer, beat at medium-high
speed for 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Sprinkle pecans in bottom of prepared pan. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. About 5 minutes before end of baking time, make
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, butter and sugar in small
saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes
or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup coffee liqueur.
- Pour glaze over hot cake.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
Yields 12 servings.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.