This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Coffee Liqueur Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1/2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup coffee liqueur, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter bottom and sides of a 10-inch fluted
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, coffee granules, eggs, oil, 1/2 cup of the
water and 1/2 cup of the coffee liqueur. Using electric mixer, beat at medium-high
speed for 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Sprinkle pecans in bottom of prepared pan. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. About 5 minutes before end of baking time, make
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup water, butter or margarine and sugar in small
saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes
or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup coffee liqueur.
- Pour glaze over hot cake.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
Yields 12 servings.