This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 4 (1 ounce) squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up (1/2 stick)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Cake: Follow package directions. Bake in two 9-inch cake pans at 350 degrees
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Glaze: Melt chocolate in microwave. Stir in butter until well mixed. Set
aside (uncovered) to slightly thicken (5 minutes).
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well mixed.
- Gently stir in Cool Whip and crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place one layer of cake, top side down, on cake platter. Spread filling
- Set 2nd layer of cake onto filling gently, top side up. Spread melted chocolate
all over top of cake only.