Chocolate Cream Cheese-Filled Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake chocolate cake as directed on package. Bake in two 9-inch
- Allow cakes to cool.
- When cakes are cool, cut each one in half with a long serrated knife, making
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla and almond
extracts. Beat until soft.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream to soft peaks, then fold into cream cheese
- Place the bottom layer of cake on the serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the filling
on cake layer, then continue to stack up layers with 1/4 of the filling on each
- Finish top with the final 1/4 of filling.
Sides stay unfrosted.