Chocolate Earthquake Cake
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the nuts and coconut.
- Pour the prepared cake batter on top.
- Melt the butter.
- Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; stir to blend. Spoon over
- Bake for 40 to 42 minutes. You will not be able to test for doneness with
a cake tester as the cake will appear sticky even when it is done. The icing
sinks into the batter as it bakes, forming the white ribbon inside.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.