This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Earthquake Cake
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with the nuts and coconut.
- Pour the prepared cake batter on top.
- Melt the margarine.
- Add cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; stir to blend. Spoon over
- Bake for 40 to 42 minutes. You will not be able to test for doneness with
a cake tester as the cake will appear sticky even when it is done. The icing
sinks into the batter as it bakes, forming the white ribbon inside.