Chocolate Flan Cake
- 1 (10.9-ounce) jar cajeta (caramel topping) or Smucker’s caramel topping or homemade cajeta
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large (at least 12-cup) Bundt pan with
- Topping: Soften the cajeta in the jar in the microwave and pour into the prepared
pan. (If you can’t find the cajeta or do not want to make your own, substitute
Smucker’s Caramel topping, but the Mexican cajeta has a richer flavor).
- Cake: Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the cake batter into
the cake pan over the caramel.
- Flan: Pour condensed, evaporated and fresh milks into a blender
with the cream cheese, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well.
- Pour the flan mixture very slowly over the cake batter. Cover the pan TIGHTLY
with aluminum foil. Covering tightly is very important.
- Set the Bundt pan into a large pan and set on the oven rack and slide in.
Carefully pour hot water into the larger pan to a depth of 2 inches (the Bundt
pan will be sitting in 2 inches of water).
- Bake cake for about 2 hours; do not uncover during this time.
- After two hours, remove cake from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a large plate with rim. The cajeta will drip down the sides
of the cake. Cool completely then refrigerate.
Even though the flan is poured on top of the cake batter, it will sink
to the bottom of the pan.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.