Chocolate Italian Cream Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch cake pan.
- Prepare cake as per package instructions using 3 eggs and 1/3 cup oil; pour
into prepared pan and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl;
mix until thoroughly combined. Pour over cake batter. Swirl through the batter
with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out
- Remove from oven; let cool down and transfer to a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate pudding mix and non-dairy whipped topping;
beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture.
- Cover cake with pudding mixture.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until serving time.
Tip: For baking purposes, when buying ricotta cheese in a plastic container,
it is best to take the following precautions in order to not end up with a soggy
cake: In a small skillet over very low heat, add ricotta. Once the cheese has shed
its excess liquid, discard liquid. Wrap ricotta in cheesecloth and place over a
bowl. Ricotta is ready for baking once it has stopped dripping.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes