This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) box cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Pour into
prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine pudding mix, gelatine and milk; cook according to
package directions for pudding. Cool.
- Cut cake into three 10 x 5-inch rectangles. Place one on a serving platter.
Spread with half of the pudding mixture; repeat layers. Top with third layer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla extract; mix
well. Add sugar and cocoa; beat until smooth.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
Yield: 10 servings