This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chocolate Mousse Tiara Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Swiss chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- Grease Tiara pan, but do not flour.
- Batter: Add eggs, water and oil to cake mix, blending on low until moistened,
then on medium for 2 minutes.
- Place 3 1/2 cups of batter in the pan (you'll have batter left over
to bake cupcakes).
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees F for 21 to 24 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove from pan, inverting cake onto a wire
rack. Let cake cool completely before placing on a serving platter.
- Mousse: Melt the chocolate chips and water over low heat, stirring constantly
until smooth, then remove from heat. Remove 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture
and set it aside.
- Refrigerate remaining chocolate for 10 minutes, until thickened but still
- Fold it into the whipped topping and spread evenly in the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then drizzle the set-aside chocolate over the
- Refrigerate 2 more hours.