Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cake
with Baby Ruth Frosting
You will have to watch for 'little fingers' in the frosting bowl when you make
this cake. Peanut butter and candy make the perfect combination kids love.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 (2.1 ounce) NESTLÉ BABY RUTH Candy Bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 large egg yolks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding peanut butter
before mixing. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place chopped Baby Ruth and butter in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over
low heat, stirring frequently, until Baby Ruth is melted.
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, coconut, peanuts and egg yolks in medium bowl.
Add to Baby Ruth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about
10 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes; stir.
- Frost cake with Baby Ruth frosting.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 45 min | Servings: 15
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes